Interested in a Doula

Not only does a Doula provide the emotional and physical support needed to labor she also provides the information needed to make educated decisions for both the mother and baby.

As a Certified Doula I provide you the following:

  • 2-4 pre-natal visits, at these visits I will help you set a birth plan as wells as goals for your birth.
  • I will demonstrate to you and share suggestion for comfort measures to utilize during the birthing process.
  • I will be on call 2 weeks prior to your estimated due date.
  • I will provide you constant support during your labor and will remain with you after the baby is born to assure you are comfortable.
  • I will call and or visit you within 2 days of the birth to visit you and your family.
  • I will also visit you and your family within one week of the initial visit.
  • I will be available for you postpartum for any questions or help you may need.

For prices and more detailed info feel free to contact me at alaboroflove@cox.net

From one mother to another

Giving birth is a very personal time that requires many personal choices. The choice to use a doula is one that I will never regret. After a bad birthing experience with my first child I decided that giving birth naturally was something I needed to do, for me and my child.

Heather was with me for 14 of the 22 hours that I labored and was even there as I welcomed my second child. The support that she offered me was priceless. She was able to suggest positions to try and to calmly talk me through each step. She stayed calm and focused the whole time. One thing that made Heather so professional is that she never overstepped her boundaries with my husband or the nurses. She maintained a professional attitude and helped the situation stay peaceful for me.

Her care did not stop after the birth. The bond that we developed is priceless, as is the bond between her and my child. After the birth she would kindly check in to see how that baby and I were doing.

The trust that I placed in Heather, both to coach me through birth and to share such an intimate time in my life is something I will never regret. I am so thankful for the gift that she has and that she is willing to share it with others. She truly helped "guide me to a better birth."